2017 - Writers in Baltimore Schools (freelance project)
Problem: A growing nonprofit needed to track donations, gain insight into their most effective fundraising channels, and stay in touch with donors--BUT donation data was scattered across Excel sheets, aggregate numbers weren't easily visible, and there was no central donor contact list.
Solution: Make a simple relational database (using Airtable, which is AWESOME!!).
- Worked with WBS's executive director to pinpoint the group's needs and find the right product (i.e. no complex, expensive Salesforce).
- Cleaned and standardized data.
- Designed a simple database with a few different views: donations by donor, by campaign, by source, etc.
- Linked donation records with donor contact info (also allows for the creation of segmented customer lists).
- Rejiggered design for ease of use, so that WBS could take the database and run with it, no longer needing my help.
Skills: Airtable, simple data architecture, working collaboratively to identify and respond to stakeholder needs